Action for Agriculture consists of like-minded individuals who
are concerned with maintaining an agricultural awareness with due
recognition to maintenance of these endeavors in a viable manner.
Our goal is to create a public awareness of Agriculture in Alberta's municipalities.
Action for Agriculture has six main objectives:
- Preserve working lands.
- Promote the development of a Taxation Base System related to services.
Discourage unnecessary spending by the Rural Municipalities and have those
savings reflected annually in the Mill Rates.
- Foster water and soil conservation and quality for all residents (people
and livestock) for future generations.
- Promote Agriculture as environmentally friendly and encourage self-monitoring
of crop and livestock practices.
- Monitor residential, recreational and commercial growth so that they are compatible
with Agriculture, the major industry of Rural Municipalities.
- Contribute to the education of the public as the the economic, social and
environmental benefits obtained from a well-managed agricultural industry.
Membership is open to all residents of Alberta.
"To be a responsible voice for the preservation of agricultural lands."
Public Speaking & Presentations
Representatives of Action for Agriculture are available to make presentations to your group or organization regarding the issues of:
- Land Use Planning
- Urban Sprawl and it's Impact on Agriculture
- What You Can Do to Get Involved
Please contact us
with your group's requirements.